As a parent, the health, safety, and wellbeing of your child is your number one priority. It is also our number one priority at Holly Springs Pediatrics. That is why we offer a same-day sick visit when your child is in need of immediate medical attention from an illness. At Holly Springs Pediatrics, we understand that when sickness strikes, your child’s health cannot wait. That is why we strive to get our sick patients into the office and seen by the doctor as quickly as possible.
When is a Sick Visit Necessary?
Although it can be difficult to determine when a visit to the pediatrician is warranted for a sick child, it is important to trust your instincts. When it comes to the health of your child, it is always best to err on the side of caution. We much rather you bring your child in for an evaluation and they end up being healthy, than the alternative.
Although sick visits can be used to treat and evaluate a variety of symptoms from ear infections to rashes, viruses, and more, some situations warrant an immediate visit to our office. Please contact our office for a sick visit if your child meets any of the conditions below:
- Under 3 Months old with a fever of 100.4°F or higher
- 3 to 6 months old with a fever of 101.0°F or higher
- Over 6 months old with a fever of 103.0°F or higher
- Your child still has a fever and is lethargic even after taking fever reducing medication
- A fever in a child of any age that ranges between 104.0°F and 105.0°F
- Your child has a fever and compromised immunity
- A fever in conjunction with severe pain
- A fever that lasts more than 3 consecutive days with or without an obvious source of infection (such as cold symptoms)
- Your child is having obvious breathing difficulties
- Your child is lethargic, has a rash, refuses to eat, or is having trouble breathing
- Your child has a febrile seizure
- Your child has a fever following a trip overseas
- A combined fever and sore throat that lasts more than 24 to 48 hours
- Signs of dehydration are present, such as dry mouth and fewer wet diapers or urination frequency
- A fever accompanied by pain when urinating
- A fever accompanied by a headache, stiff neck, or red spots or purple-colored patches on the skin
As stated, if your child is experiencing one or more of the symptoms above, please contact our office immediately. If it is after hours, please leave a message with our answering service and a nurse or the doctor will return your call. If you believe your child’s illness is life threatening, please take them to the nearest hospital who will then contact our office.
Schedule Your Sick Visit Today
When your child is feeling under the weather, we are here to help. To schedule a sick visit, please contact our office during normal business hours.